Good To Meet You
Hi we are a husband and wife team of Binh and Lin. Without boring you about our whole life story, it seems that photography discovered us, rather than the other way round.
After finishing my PhD in food engineering (rheological study of time dependent fluids, if you must know), I unexpectedly landed my first wedding job, a massive two days Cambodian wedding, 6500 photos later, I quickly discovered my love for photography and I have pursued it ever since. Since then, I have continued to learn and grow as an artist, and in the process accumulated over 300 wedding and portrait photography awards worldwide.
It is also amazing to have my lovely wife, Lin, working with me on photography. You could say photography discovered her too, through meeting me.
Our latest passion is moving images and create moving, emotional wedding films that have made many many laughed and cried. Happy tears are always a good sign I say 🙂
Some other un-interesting facts about us,
- We are proud parents of two super cheeky monkeys, Mei Linh and Yi Linh, and we would not have it any other ways
- I have represented New Zealand in inline hockey. One of the proudest moment of my life was wearing the silver fern and singing to the national anthem
- We write music as well. Such a wonderful hobby to relax.
- We have helped to raise and given away close to $30,000 in products and services for charities and non-profit work.
The first New Zealand photographer to have achieved/won:
- International Black and White Photographer of the Year, Black and White Magazine Awards
- Outstanding Achievement in Black and White Photography, Spider Awards
- WPPI Premiere Grand Award
- Category Winner at WPPI Annual Awards
- Portrait Winner of the International Loupe Awards
- Grand Winner of Photoworkshop.com Annual Awards